At the SHIFT! Showcase, check out how groups from around the Basin are bringing our Symposium theme to life: SHIFT! Thriving in Change.
Through unique, informative displays, you’ll learn how these groups are already harnessing opportunities resulting from:
- shifting demographics
- evolving technology
- changing climate.
Take a look, ask questions and expand your knowledge. The showcase is open:
- During breakfasts and break times.
- Friday, October 13, from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 14, from noon to 1:15 p.m.
- Bee Awareness Society: Peer into a glass observation beehive to learn about the life cycle of the honey bee and how to care for bees and our environment.
- Accelerate Kootenays/The Tesla Smarkade: Learn about Accelerate Kootenays’ plans for local electric vehicle charging stations—our region’s innovative approach to reducing emissions—and view a working model of a wireless electric car charging parkade.
- Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy: Explore Canada on Camera, a Basin-based multicultural photography project that brings together Canadian newcomers and long-time residents to build understanding between our communities’ diverse cultures.
- Wynndel Electric: Check out this mobile solar array to learn about solar power and how to reduce home energy consumption.
- Kootenay Association for Science and Technology: Interact with new technologies in advanced manufacturing and design, and learn how you can incorporate them into your own ideas.
- Ktunaxa Nation Council: Discover the traditional Ktunaxa language through 3-D-printed Ktunaxa language toys.
Were you accepted to present a display? Here are the guidelines: